2 cups rice flour
2 cups water
1 tsp shallots, sliced
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp black sesame seeds
oil for frying
- Heat ghee in a pan, add sliced shallots and saute.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt and when it starts to boil, add rice flour and stir well in low flame.
- Add sesame seeds, mix well and allow this mixture to cool down.
- When cools down, start kneading by adding egg and knead well to a smooth dough.
5. Make very small balls out of this dough ( take long strips from this dough and make small balls), flatten or press each balls to make small button shapes.
6. Heat oil in a pan , add prepared chukkappams in batches and deep fry until it is cooked, crispy and golden in colour..Drain in tissue paper and store in an air tight container..