250 gm prawns, cleaned
2 tomatoes, chopped
10 shallots (or 1 medium onion)
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3 green chillies, slit
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2-1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
small berry size tamarind
- Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Make a paste by mixing chilli powder and turmeric powder with little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add onion/shallots, green chilli, garlic and saute well till onion become transparent and slightly brownish.
- Add the prepared paste to this (step 2) and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes ,tamarind extract ,salt and required water and cook.
- When it boils, add the cleaned prawns and cook for 5-6 minutes or till the prawns are done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot...