5-6 drumsticks, peeled and cut into pieces
1/2 cup toor dal
1 big onion, chopped
3 medium tomato, chopped
6-7 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp asafoetida
few coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp oil
- Soak toor dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut, 4 green chillies and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add drumsticks, soaked toor dal, chopped tomatoes,onion, 2-3 slit green chillies, turmeric powder and salt and cook it adding 1 1/2 cup water for 1 whistle.
- Then add ground coconut paste ,mix well and cook for 5 minutes stirring in between. Adjust salt.
- When cooked, transfer to a serving plate and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Switch off the flame and add asafoetida, mix well and pour this over the curry...Serve hot...
Recipe Source: Magic Oven