1 cup chicken, cooked
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
3/4 tsp ginger paste
3/4 tsp garlic paste
few coriander leaves
1- 1 1/2 tsp pepper powder
pinch of turmeric powder
1 cup plain flour/ maida
pinch of red color
- Cook chicken with little chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute well. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and little salt and saute well.
- Add cooked shredded chicken and mix well. Add pepper powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, take small quantity of plain flour, just enough to make a puri. Add a pinch of red colour , knead it and make a puri out of it. Cut into thin strips and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add remaining plain flour and salt and knead well to a dough adding enough water.
6. Make small balls from the dough and roll out into a small puri shape. Add little prepared masala in the centre.
7. Fold sides and make like a parcel as shown in below...
8. Roll the coloured strips on top of the prepared parcel as shown in below...
9. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough...
10. Heat oil in a pan and fry it till golden brown. Serve hot...
Recipe Source: Asianet Cookery Show