I got the recipe for this spicy soup from Magic oven , Kairali T V.... Part 1 and Part 2
6 cups of chicken stock ( prepared from chicken pieces with bones)
1 chicken breast , shredded
2 tbsp garlic,finely chopped
2 big firm tomatoes
2-3 tbsp green chilli sauce
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 egg whites
- Boil 1/2-1 cup of chicken pieces ( with bones) with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt adding 6-7 cups of water. Strain the stock and keep it aside.
- Remove the skin and seeds of tomatoes and finely chop them and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add 6 cups of chicken stock, chopped garlic and shredded chicken. Cover and boil it for few minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the chilli sauce, sugar and salt, mix well. Boil for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornflour with 1/2 cup water and add to the boiling soup, little by little stirring continuously. Check salt and boil till it thickens.
- Then slowly add the egg whites and keep stirring continuously until it forms like fine threads.
- Switch off and serve hot....
- Can add vegetables like carrots,mushrooms, spring onions....