2 cup padavalanga/ snakegourd, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup cherupayar parippu/ moong dal/ green gram dal
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
3 slit green chillies
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- Chop snakegourd into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds into a smooth mixture and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add dal, chopped onion, green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook till soft adding enough water.
- Add chopped snakegourd into the cooked dal and cook till done.
- Then add ground coconut mixture and mix well. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the prepared curry..Serve hot with rice...