Eid Mubarak to all my friends and readers.....
700 gm chicken
2 cup basmati rice
4 big onions, sliced
2 tbsp ginger, crushed
2 tbsp garlic, crushed
10 big green chillies, crushed
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 1/2 tbsp yoghurt, sourless
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
3 1/2 cup boiling water
4 tbsp ghee
- Cut chicken into small pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Wash and drain the basmati rice. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add crushed garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute well till raw smell disappears.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Then add yoghurt and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well. Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and enough salt and mix well for few minutes.
- Now add the drained basmati rice and stir well.
- Add 3 1/2 cup boiling water and lemon juice ,stir well and cook covered.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat and cook on low heat till done.
- Switch off and keep uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve .......
Recipe Source: Magic Oven