2 green tomatoes/ pacha thakkali
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 garlic clove
3-4 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
- Chop green tomatoes into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, shallots, garlic clove and 2 green chillies to a thick paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add chopped green tomatoes, 1-2 slit green chillies, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 3-4 curry leaves, salt and water and cook on medium flame till the tomato pieces are cooked.
- Add the ground paste and yoghurt to the cooked tomato and mix well and heat on low flame for few minutes. Don't allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and close with a lid.. Serve with rice...