1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
a pinch of. salt
170 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200-250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Sift together the flour and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until they are just combined.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour to this and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Then make a smooth dough using hand and then wrap in plastic/ cling wrap and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper/ baking paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface using rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 2 inch long rectangles using sharp knife or rectangular cutter.
8. Using skewer/ straw, make domino dots and using back of the knife, lightly press in the middle of each cookie to create a slight indentation.
9. Place the cookies on the lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely...
11. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl and melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between ( or melt by double boiling method ).
12. Once the cookies are cool, fill the domino holes with melted chocolate (using a candy stick) and let them dry...
- You can also use 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips instead of melted chocolate. Gently press the chocolate chips , point side down , into dough to form domino numbers...