4 bread slices
4 egg whites
1/4 cup coloured capsicums, finely chopped
1/2-1 tsp pepper powder or as required
salt to taste
2 tbsp grated cheese
- Cut each bread slice into heart shape using a knife or with a large heart shaped cutter and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl, add 2 egg whites and beat well using a spoon adding little pepper powder and salt.
3. Heat a non stick pan and add 1 tsp olive oil. Dip the heart shaped bread slices in the beaten egg white and toast in the pan on both sides. Keep it aside.
4. In another bowl, add the remaining 2 egg whites and beat well using a spoon adding little pepper powder and salt.
5. Heat the same pan with little olive oil. Place the heart shaped non stick silicone egg ring/ mold on the pan and pour little beaten egg white into this.
6. Then add 1 tbsp chopped capsicums. When the omelette is almost cooked, gently remove the mold and slowly flip over the omelette and cook the other side for about 10-12 seconds. Repeat the same with the remaining egg whites.
7. Sprinkle little cheese on top. The heat of the omelette , lightly melts the cheese..
8. To serve, place the heart shaped toasted bread in a serving plate. Then on top of that place the heart shaped egg white omelette and then serve immediately..
Recipe adapted from here