1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup / 113 gm butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar, powdered
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
hard candies of different colors ( fruit flavored lollies/ poppins)
- Place the candies in a ziplock bag and crush them using rolling pin. If you want different colors, separate the candies color-wise and crush them in different ziplock bags.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper/ baking paper.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar and mix them until combined.
4. Add all purpose flour, baking powder and vanilla essence and mix well till it form a smooth dough. If the dough is dry, add 1 tbsp milk and mix well.
5. Roll the dough in a floured surface into 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Using smaller cookie cutters, cut the centre of the shaped cookies.
7. Add the crushed hard candies in the cookies center hole. Do not fill it too much.
8. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies turn light brown at the corners.
9. Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely...