1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup roasted ground almond
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup ghee, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 tsp vaniila essence
food colors -yellow, blue and pink (any color of your choice)
caster sugar for coating
- In a large bowl, sift plain flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add icing sugar, roasted ground almonds, ghee, salt and vanilla essence to this and mix gently until to form a smooth and soft dough. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150 degree celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper/ baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts. Add required food color (pink, yellow and blue) to each part and knead well.
5. Pinch about 3 gm dough from each colored dough and form balls separately.Join these 3 colored balls to a marbled shape ball.
6. Repeat the same and make marbled balls with the remaining dough and place them on the lined baking sheet with 2 inches apart.
7. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool them on wire rack.
8. Let the cookies cool completely and then coat them with caster sugar...
Recipe adapted from here