1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
2 cups jeerakashala/ kaima rice
3 1/2 - 4 cups of boiling water
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 medium tomato, chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cinnamon pieces
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
1 1/2-2 tbsp ghee
2-3 tbsp oil
few curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Clean prawns and marinate it with 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash the jeerakashala rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns and keep it aside.
- In a large pan, heat remaining oil used for frying prawns and 2 tbsp ghee and add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf.
- Add sliced onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped tomato and saute well it turns soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Then add fried prawns ( keep 6-8 fried prawns for garnishing) and drained rice, mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the boiling water, lemon juice and salt, mix it well and cook covered on low flame stirring occasionally till rice is cooked and water dries up.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, fried curry leaves and some fried prawns and serve hot...