12 large prawns / shrimp, cleaned with tails intact
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 egg, beaten
3/4-1 cup grated coconut
1/2-3/4 cup plain flour
oil for frying
- In a bowl, add the cleaned prawns, soy sauce, pepper powder and little salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg with a fork in another bowl. Place grated coconut and plain flour in two separate bowls.
- Dip each prawn in the flour , then dip in egg, and then coat well with grated coconut and place them on a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the coconut coated prawns in batches on medium flame until golden and prawns are cooked.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel....Serve with sweet chilli sauce/ mayonnaise-sweet chilli dip ( Mix 1 tbsp mayonnaise with 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce) or any other dipping sauce....