4 chicken whole legs
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
15 almonds/ badam
2-3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp thick yoghurt
3 tbsp thick cream/ fresh cream
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil/ vegetable oil
salt to taste
2 tbsp melted butter
- Soak almonds in water for 2-3 hours and remove the skin and keep it aside.
- Wash, pat dry and make some incisions on chicken legs and then marinate it with chilli powder, lemon juice and salt for about 20-30 minutes.
- Grind the almonds to a fine paste adding milk and transfer this to a bowl.
- Add yoghurt, cream, corn flour, crushed ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, oil and little salt and mix well.
- Add this paste/ mixture to the marinated chicken and mix well and keep it covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Then grill in the upper rack of the oven at 180 degree celcius for about 30-40 minutes or till done turning the sides occasionally.
- Remove the grilled chicken pieces from the oven and immediately brush it all over with melted butter...Serve hot as a starter or as side dish..
Recipe Source: Sanaa's Recipe Note Book