2 cup rice flour
1 cup gram flour
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder (adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp asafoetida/ hing
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for frying
few curry leaves
- In a bowl, add rice flour and gram flour and mix together without any lumps.
- Add salt, chilli powder, asafoetida and 2 tsp oil to this and mix into a smooth and soft dough adding enough water little by little and keep it aside.
3. Place the pakkavada plate/ mould in an idiyappam/ murukku press and fill the press with dough.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium flame and press the dough to hot oil in circular motion.
5. Fry until crispy and golden brown flipping to the other side in between.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain them on to a paper towel. Repeat the process until the dough is finished.
7. Fry the curry leaves and mix them with the pakkavada...Store in an airtight container and serve with tea...