1/2 kg squid / koonthal, cut into round pieces
1 cup shallots, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger paste/ crushed
1/2 tsp garlic paste/crushed
1- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of fennel seeds
few curry leaves
coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2-2 1/2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add a pinch of fennel seeds.
- Add chopped shallots and salt and saute well till light brown.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add cleaned squids and mix well. Adjust the salt and add little more oil if required and cook on low-medium flame, stirring in between till it is dry and well coated with masala.
- Add little coriander leaves and curry leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped coriander leaves...Serve as a side dish...