1/2 cup/ 125 ml fresh cream
1/2 cup /125 gm mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup caster sugar
3 egg yolks
6 sponge finger biscuits / savoiardi
For Strawberry Sauce:
200 gm strawberries, washed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp icing sugar
- To prepare strawberry sauce, chop strawberries coarsely and blend until smooth.
- Then strain puree into a bowl and stir lemon juice, icing sugar and about 1-2 tbsp of water into puree to make 1 cup of sauce. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add cream, mascarpone cheese and 1 tbsp of caster sugar and beat well with an electric mixer until soft peak form.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Then fold egg yolk mixture into mascarpone-cream mixture.
- Cut sponge finger biscuits into pieces depending on the size of the base of serving glasses.
- Pour 3/4 cup of strawberry sauce into a small bowl and dip biscuits into the strawberry sauce.
- Place soaked biscuits into bases of small serving glasses.
- Then divide mascarpone mixture into glasses. Cover and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate remaining strawberry sauce.
- Just before serving, pour remaining strawberry sauce into each glass...Serve chilled...