1 1/2 cup basmati rice
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
small piece cinnamon
3 tbsp oil
- Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes. Wash the rice and cook it in a deep pan adding about 5 cups of water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add urad dal, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and saute for a minute. Then add dry red chillies.
- Add sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and saute till oil appears on top.
- Then add the cooked rice to this, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Remove from flame and serve hot...
Recipe adapted from here