1 cup roasted vermicelli / semiya
1 litre milk
3 cups of water
3/4-1 cup sugar (adjust to your taste)
2 tbsp ragi flour
1 tsp cardamom powder
few raisins and cashew nuts
1 tbsp ghee
- In a pan, boil 3 cups of water. Add roasted semiya to this boiling water and cook till half done.
- Add 1/2 litre milk to this and cook till it turns thick, stirring in between.
- Add sugar , mix well and allow it to boil on low-medium flame.
- In a small bowl, take 1/4 cup milk from remaining 1/2 litre milk and add ragi flour and mix well without lumps.Then mix this with remaining milk.
- Add this ragi flour mixture to the boiling semiya and stir well.
- When it starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and pour the prepared payasam into a serving bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and add on top of the payasam...Serve warm..