7-8 baby corns
1/2 cup gram flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1/2 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of asafoetida/ 1/4 tsp ajwain seeds
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Cut each baby corn lengthwise into two pieces and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, baking soda, asafoetida and salt adding enough water to a thick batter.
- Dip the baby corns in the prepared batter and coat well with the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the baby corns until it turns golden colour on both the sides.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel....Serve hot with tea :)