1 1/2 cup star gooseberries
1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder ( add more or less to your spice level)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
1/2 tsp hing/ asafoetida
2-3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tsp vinegar
- Wash and pat dry the star gooseberries using kitchen cloth and keep it aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add the gooseberries and saute well and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Add 3-4 tbsp boiling water and mix well. Once it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool and add vinegar and mix well.
- Transfer the pickle to a dry airtight glass jar and can be used from the next day. :)