3 bananas / plantains/ nendrapazham
1/4 cup grated coconut
5-6 cashew nuts, chopped
3-4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ghee
1 cup plain flour/ maida
oil for frying
- Steam cook the bananas/ plantains until it turns soft. Peel it and cut into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan , add the chopped bananas, grated coconut, sugar and chopped cashew nuts and mix well.
- Cook it covered for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Then mash it with your hand and make small lemon sized balls.
4. In a bowl, prepare a smooth thick batter of plain flour and 1 tbsp sugar adding enough water.
5. Heat oil in a pan, dip the prepared balls in the batter and fry it till golden colour at medium flame.
6. Remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel. Serve with tea or coffee..