1 cup prawns, cleaned
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
3 green chillies, finely chopped
2 potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
- Cook the cleaned prawns with 1/4 tsp pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt adding little water. Drain the water and mince the prawns and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion adding little salt.
- Add green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Then add minced prawns, pepper powder and garam masala and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Add mashed potatoes and chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Make small balls out of this mixture and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel....Serve hot with tomato sauce...