2 cups rice flour
2 cups of water
3/4 cup of grated coconut
salt to taste
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan adding salt .
- When it boils, reduce the flame and add grated coconut and rice flour little by little and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool down for sometime.
- Then knead it well while it is still warm, to a soft and smooth dough.
- Make lemon shaped balls out of the dough and flatten each into round shape in a banana leaf / plastic sheet using your palm or using roti/ pathiri presser.
- Heat a pan at medium flame and cook both sides of each orotti's till done.
- Serve hot with any spicy curry of your choice...
- You can also add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds for this recipe...