Paalaada is a thin soft rice crepes. It is very easy to prepare and it goes perfect with any spicy veg or non-veg curries...
2 cups raw rice/ basmati rice
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
water as required ( about 2 3/4-3 cups)
salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- In a blender, add the drained rice and grind into a smooth batter adding enough water.
- Add eggs and coconut milk to the blender and blend everything together.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add salt and mix well.
- Add more water if required and the consistency of batter should be very watery.
- Heat a non stick pan. Pour a ladleful of batter into the pan and swirl the pan to spread the batter around the pan to form thin round.
- Cook for 30-40 seconds until the sides of the paalaada start to come off the pan.
- Remove it from the pan and fold it into desired shapes..Serve hot with any spicy curry of your choice...