1 cup pineapple, finely chopped
2 cups milk
3/4 tin condensed milk
1 tbsp custard powder
8-10 gm china grass
sugar as required
- Soak china grass in 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, condensed milk and 3-4 tbsp sugar on medium flame. Add custard powder to this and stir continuously until it becomes smooth and thick.
- In a pan, add the chopped pineapple and cook with 2 tbsp sugar on low flame till it turns soft.
- In the meantime, melt the soaked china grass in another pan on low flame, stirring continuously until the china grass dissolves completely.
- Add the cooked pineapple and the melted china grass to the hot milk mixture and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and pour it into a serving dish /pudding tray. Allow this to cool down for 5-10 minutes and then refrigerate until it sets...
- Garnish with cherries / pomegranate seeds and serve it chilled...