1/2 kg mutton
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
2 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ghee
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Cut mutton into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Grind 5 big garlic cloves, a big piece of ginger and 5-6 green chillies together to a paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned mutton, sliced onions, 2 tbsp ginger-garlic- green chilly paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, salt and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook it for 6-7 whistles or until the mutton is cooked well.
- Heat ghee in another pan and add the curry leaves.
- Then add the cooked mutton with its gravy and cook until the gravy thickens and all the water dries up.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice , neer dosa etc...
Recipe Source: manoramaonline