1/2 kg squids, cleaned
1 1/2-2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 big onions, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
few curry leaves
chopped coriander leaves
2 cups of rice flour
1 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
- Cut the squid into pieces, clean it and marinate with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Then fry the marinated squid and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies and saute well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomato, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add fried squid and coriander leaves and mix well for 1-2 minutes and remove from the flame.
- In a bowl, mix rice flour and salt and add the required amount of boiling water (about 2 cups) and knead well to a smooth dough.
- Make lemon size balls out of the dough and flatten it with hand . Add 1 tbsp squid masala into it and make a small ball.
- Roll this ball in the grated coconut. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and squid masala.
- Steam cook the prepared balls for 15-20 minutes or until it is done. Remove from the flame and serve hot as a snack or breakfast item..