1 cup prawns, cleaned
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
3 green chillies, slit
2 sprig curry leaves
1/2 cup / 1 onion, sliced
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a manchatty/ claypot, add the cleaned prawns, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, crushed ginger, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water to this, mix well and cook covered till prawns are cooked and all water dries up.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry the curry leaves and slit green chillies. ( Keep aside few curry leaves and 2-3 pieces of fried green chillies for garnishing).
- Add sliced onions to this and saute well.
- Then add cooked prawns and stir well until it becomes dry and then remove from flame.
- Garnish it with fried curry leaves and green chillies and serve hot...