225 gm butter, softened
225 gm plain flour
140 gm caster sugar
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
2 tsp almond extract
pinch of salt
55 gm ground almonds
55 gm pistachio, finely chopped
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in the egg yolk and almond extract.
- Sift together the flour and salt into the mixture and add the ground almonds and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Then halve the dough, shape into balls and wrap in clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius and line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Unwrap the dough and roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper to about 3 mm thick.
7. Sprinkle half the chopped pistachio over each piece of dough and roll lightly with the rolling pin.
8. Cut out cookies with a heart-shaped cutter and place them on the baking sheets, spaced well apart.
9. Then bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
10. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes and then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.....