1 1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped (cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds)
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp desiccated coconut / roasted poppy seeds
- Deseed the dates and then grind it and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the chopped nuts for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat ghee and add the ground dates and cook for about 4-5 minutes on medium flame stirring continuously.
- Add roasted nuts to this and mix them well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Rub little ghee on your hands and roll the date and nut mixture to a cylindrical shape.
- Roll it on the desiccated coconut / roasted poppy seeds and cover it with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Cut into round slices with sharp knife and serve...
Recipe adapted from here....