1 big cauliflower, thinly sliced
4 onions, sliced
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
4 green chillies, crushed
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup basmati rice
1 1/2 cup water
1 piece cinnamon
3-4 tbsp ghee
oil for frying
salt to taste
For Preparing Rice:
- Wash and drain the rice. Boil the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and 1 sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Add boiling water and salt, cover and cook on low flame till rice is done.
For Preparaing Cauliflower Masala:
- In a bowl, add the cleaned sliced cauliflower, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated cauliflower till crisp and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan, add little oil ( used for frying cauliflower) and add 3 sliced onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and crushed green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- Then add fried cauliflower to this and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and lemon juice and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Add cooked rice on top of the prepared cauliflower masala.
- Mix little yellow food color with lemon juice and sprinkle over the rice. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp ghee, chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Close with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.....