2 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
110 gm / 1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/3 cups plain yoghurt
1 large pomegranate
- Cut and deseed the pomegranate and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a 12- hole muffin tin or line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely...