1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 medium onions
2 green chillies
2" piece ginger
8 garlic cloves
1" piece cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice(optional)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
salt to taste
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Crush the onions, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, shallots, garlic and curry leaves together in a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and fry for a minute.
- Add crushed mixture and saute well till the raw smell disappears and becomes soft.
- Add marinated chicken to this and mix well with the masala. Add lemon juice and garam masala and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Check the salt and cook covered for 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mix well. Add curry leaves, 1-2 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper , mix well and cover with a lid.
- Serve it after 10 minutes with ghee rice, pathiri, neer dosa etc...
Recipe adapted from here...