3 raw bananas / kaya / pachakaya
1/4 cup vellapayar / black eyed beans
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chilly
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cook black eyed beans / vellapayar in a pressure cooker adding enough water and salt and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop raw banana into small cubes and cook it with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Crush grated coconut together with cumin seeds, green chilly and garlic and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add cooked banana, cooked vellapayar and crushed coconut mixture, mix well and cook covered on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up...Remove from flame and serve with rice...