2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon zest
4 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup blueberries
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 1/2-2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Lightly spray the doughnut pan with baking spray and keep it aside.
- Whisk together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients ( step 3) to the flour mixture and gently stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill about 2/3 full of batter into the prepared doughnut pan using a spoon or a piping bag.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, stir together icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth.
- Dip the cooled donuts in glaze and set aside for the glaze to set...
- I used electric doughnut machine for preparing these donuts/ doughnuts......Preheat the doughnut machine. Spray doughnut machine with baking spray and fill bases of preheated doughnut rings with half of the batter. Then close the lid and cook for 6 minutes or until doughnuts are golden and cooked.
Recipe adapted from here...