2 cups plain flour
200 gm boneless chicken
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
1 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
water as required to make a smooth dough
2 tbsp oil
- Mix salt with water and add this water little by little to the plain flour taken in a bowl and knead it to make a smooth dough. Keep it aside covered for half an hour.
- Grind the cleaned chicken in a food processor or grinder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the ground chicken, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp soy sauce and little salt and cook over high flame stirring continuously till the chicken is cooked well and all the water is dried up.
- Remove from the flame and add 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, finely chopped onion, cabbage, carrot, green chilly and spring onion to this and mix well. Then keep it aside to cool at room temperature.
- To prepare the momos, make 5-6 balls out of the prepared dough. Then roll each ball to a big circle and cut small circles out of it.
- Take one small circle and add little chicken filling at the centre and make pleats from one side. Wet the other edge and seal it properly. Repeat the process with the remaining all circles and filling.
- Place them in the steamer and steam cook it in batches for about 15 minutes. Remove it from the flame and serve hot with any sauce/ dip....
Recipe adapted from here...