4 cups cooked basmati rice
3/4 cup grated coconut
3 tbsp skinless peanuts
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp green chilly, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped (optional)
1/4-1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 sprig curry leaves
4 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal /kadalaparippu
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
- Heat a thick bottomed pan and add 1 tbsp ghee and fry the peanuts till light brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add grated coconut and roast till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee in the same pan and splutter mustard seeds and add urad dal and chana dal.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry. Then add ginger, green chillies, onion and saute till it starts to change its colour.
- Add asafoetida and mix well. Add roasted coconut, peanuts and cooked rice and mix well.
- Check the salt and add if required. Add garam masala (optional) and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and serve with any spicy curry...