1/2 kg crab
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
3-4 green chillies, slit
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
few curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the crab into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion, crushed ginger, garlic, slit green chillies, chopped tomato and curry leaves and saute well.
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well adding some water.
- When it starts to boil, add cleaned crabs and salt and cook covered till done.
- Now add the grated coconut, mix well and cook covered until the crab is well coated with coconut.
- Add few curry leaves and little coconut oil on top and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve with pathiri, neer dosa etc...