200 gm paneer /cottage cheese, cubed
2 large onions, chopped
2 tsp ginger, crushed
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 capsicum, diced
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp kasuri methi
coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Place the paneer cubes in a bowl of hot water and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan/ kadai and add crushed coriander seeds and cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add crushed ginger and chopped green chilli and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and fry till the raw smell disappears and the oil starts to appear.
- Add diced capsicum and fry for about 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Then add the paneer cubes and crushed kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame until the masala is well coated with paneer.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame....