1 cup ripe pineapple, finely chopped
10-12 black / red grapes
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add chopped pineapple, turmeric powder and salt and cook it covered at medium flame adding 1/2 cup of water.
- When pineapple is half cooked, add grapes and cook it on low flame until the fruits becomes soft and water dries up. Don't overcook the grapes.
- Meanwhile, grind the grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and green chillies to a smooth paste.
- Add this ground coconut paste to the cooked fruits, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Then add yoghurt and mix well. Add sugar and adjust salt and mix everything well and switch off the flame.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute well. Pour this seasoning to the pachadi and keep it covered till ready to serve...