1 cup pumpkin / mathanga
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies together adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the chopped pumpkin, turmeric powder, pepper powder, chilli powder and salt and cook it covered on medium flame for 5-8 minutes adding about 1 cup of water.
- Add the coconut paste to this, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and stir well. Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat little oil in another pan, splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Add curry leaves and dry red chillies and fry. Pour this over the curry and mix well. Serve with rice...