1/2 kg chicken
1 beetroot, grated
1 big potato, boiled and mashed
2 big onions, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
4-5 green chillies, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
- Cook the chicken pieces with pepper powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water. Shred/ mince the cooked chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add grated beetroot and mashed potatoes into this and mix well.
- Then add minced chicken and mix well. Check for salt and stir well for 2 minutes on low flame.
- When the mixture is cooled, make small balls out of it and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel....Serve hot with tomato sauce...