1 1/2 cup basmati rice
2 tsp lemon juice
1 bunch fresh fenugreek/ methi leaves, chopped
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- In a large pan, boil 4-5 cups of water. Add the drained rice, lemon juice and salt to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or till done. Drain the water and keep it aside to cool for some time at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add sliced onion and salt and saute till transparent. Add the chopped green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped methi leaves and cook for about 4-5 minutes over low flame.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Then add the cooked rice to this, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Remove from flame and serve hot...
Recipe adapted from here..