2 cups aval/ poha/ rice flakes
1/4 cup peanuts/ ground nuts
1/4 cup roasted gram/ pottukadala
2 tbsp cashew nuts, sliced
1 tbsp coconut slices/ thengakothu (optional)
10 curry leaves
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil ( as required for frying)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the coconut slices till brown and keep it aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts, peanuts and roasted gram separately in the same oil and keep it aside.
- Then fry the curry leaves until crisp and keep it aside.
- In the same hot oil, add aval and fry till the aval becomes crispy on medium flame (don't brown them).
- Reduce the flame to low and add the fried peanuts, roasted gram, coconut slices, cashew nuts , chilli powder, turmeric powder , fried curry leaves and salt to the fried aval and mix well.
- Roast it for 2-3 minutes on low flame and remove from the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and store it in an air tight container....Serve as a tea time snack...