1 1/2 cup plain flour
2 tsp melted butter/ ghee
1/2 cup water (or little more as required)
200 gm beef, minced
2 onions, sliced
3 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
1/2-3/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
- Wash and drain the minced beef and cook it in a pressure cooker adding chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and enough water. Drain the water from beef and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions and saute till translucent and lightly brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and little salt and saute for few more minutes.
- Add the pepper powder, garam masala and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add the drained cooked meat to this and cook for another 5 minutes on medium flame. Check for salt and add more salt or spice if needed.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
- For making samosa, add melted butter/ ghee and salt to the flour and mix evenly with your finger-tips. Add water little by little to this and knead well to make a smooth and soft dough.
- Make about 6-7 balls out of the kneaded dough and roll each ball to make a thick poori like circle.
- Cut it to two halves, take one of them and apply little water along the edges and fold it to make a cone.
- Fill it with 2 tsp of the prepared beef filling and seal the other end of the cone with little water/ maida mixtute. ( Mix 1 tbsp flour with 1 1/2 tbsp water ). Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the samosas on medium flame till both sides turn golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel. Serve hot with tomato sauce....