1 cup / 125 gm self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup / 75 gm caster sugar
85 gm blueberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 ml buttermilk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease a 12- hole muffin tin with baking spray or line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and blueberries.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, buttermilk and oil with a fork until evenly combined.
- Add this buttermilk mixture into the flour and gently fold the ingredients together until only just mixed.( Don't over-mix the ingredients).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely...