1- 1 1/2 cup idli batter
1 carrot, chopped/ grated
1/2 tsp chilli powder
small piece ginger, chopped
salt to taste
- Grind the chopped carrots, red chilli powder, ginger and salt together as a puree in a blender.
- Add this carrot puree to the idli batter and mix well.
- In an idli cooker/ steamer , take enough water and allow to boil.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar/ chutney...