1 1/2 cup basmati rice
150 gm celery
2 green chillies, chopped
3 cups vegetable stock/ chicken stock
1/2 tsp fenenl seeds
2 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, sliced
5-6 almonds/ badam, sliced
2 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup fried onion
a pinch of saffron (optional)
salt to taste
- Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Chop the celery stem into fine pieces and grind the celery leaves to a smooth paste.
- Heat butter in a pan and add fennel seeds, finely chopped celery stems and salt and saute well.
- Add celery paste and chopped green chillies into this and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add vegetable stock/ chicken stock and bring this to a boil. Check for salt.
- Once the stock starts to boil, add the drained basmati rice and mix well and cook covered on low flame till done.
- In the meantime, heat ghee in another pan and add garlic slices and almond slices and saute till golden. Remove it from the flame.
- When the rice get cooked, add the fried garlic and almonds along with the ghee and spread it on the top.
- Garnish with fried onions and sprinkle little saffron on top. Keep it covered for 2 minutes and then serve hot with any curry of your choice....
Recipe Source: Vahrehvah